Position: Manufacturing Manager
Type of contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for ensuring all activities are conducted in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner and that customer requirements are met on time by providing strong leadership and delivering on key objectives. We are looking for a strong leader with a background in Manufacturing, who has experience of delivering cultural change within the workplace and who can champion continuous improvement and lean initiatives. Planning of current activities whilst constantly seeking improvements throughout the supply process. Ensuring KPI’s are in place and that production targets are met for all activities of the business and that costs are managed in-line with budgets and current activity levels; The Manufacturing Manager will pro-actively manage a core production team of around 40 people, including Supervisors, Team Leaders and Maintenance.
- Overall responsibility for all Health and Safety for employees on site.
- Responsible for providing strong and effective leadership.
- Implementing and supporting Group changes to drive the business forward.
- Management of all areas of the factory & stores teams including; people management, performance, appraisals and all general staffing issues, working closely with HR as and when required.
- Labour requirements – review headcount and labour requirements for each section based on forecast and demand.
- Responsible for creating a weekly production plan and ensuring the production plan is achieved.
- Reporting on all production metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis & providing summary reports to the Operations Director.
- Customer focused – Accountable for meeting customer expectations and driving initiatives for reducing lead times and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Identify improvement opportunities and promote a culture of continuous improvement through lean initiatives.
- Liaise with the Logistics, purchasing and dispatch team to ensure goods are dispatched on time & correctly.
- Control of all manufacturing costs within designated budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the factory and equipment are maintained to the highest level, placing emphasis on health & safety & quality.
- Identify skills gaps and training needs, ensuring that any gaps are managed appropriately with the Supervisors and Team Leader.
- Responsible for ensuring quality standards are achieved at all stages throughout the process, including accurate documentation completion.
- Flexibility to travel to other Group sites, including Head office in Ireland.
- Any additional responsibilities anduties which may from time to time be deemed suitable by your manager.
Skills and Experience
- A proven record of managing people at a supervisory and/or management level
- Leadership & Change Management
- Problem Solving
- Lean champion
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
What do we offer?
At Tricel, we care about you and your progression. As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer:
- Excellent development and growth opportunities
- A supportive and collaborative culture
- A fun and dynamic work environment
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work life balance
- Opportunity to work across countries and cultures
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Tricel, a family-run business, was founded in 1973 by Anne Stack and Con Stack. This year marks the company’s 50th year in business. The company began by producing products from glass-reinforced plastics (GRP). It expanded its exports and established manufacturing facilities throughout the UK and Europe by implementing a comprehensive growth strategy in the 1990s and 2000s. The Stack family leads Tricel, which provides market-leading solutions in over 50 countries. Among the markets served by the company are storage tanks, pumps, sewage treatment tanks, construction products, and lubricant distribution. With its headquarters in Killarney, the Tricel Group consists of 15 companies across Europe, including seven manufacturing facilities. The company employs more than 600 people at these locations. The company has grown domestically and internationally by manufacturing locally, exporting, partnering with local distributors, and acquiring companies that enhance its product capabilities and geographical reach. In the next five years, the company’s roadmap for growth will continue to be based on three main pillars: Customer Excellence, Innovation & Sustainability.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV and cover letter to HR@tricel.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you.
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.
Tricel uses a third party provider called Occupop to store and process candidate data on our behalf.