General Operative (Day Shift)
Type of contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Gloucester, United Kingdom
The General Operative provides a key role within the manufacturing function of Tricel Gloucester and the role is responsible for the operation of the presses, drilling machines and other assembly equipment and activities associated with the packaging, movement and control of all products.
- Operation of the factory presses;
- General assembly of the products including the labelling of goods as required;
- Packaging the materials for movement and storage in and around factory & preparing goods for despatch;
- Assisting with the monthly stocktake;·
- Any other duties as assigned for the needs of the business.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment is desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work cross-functionally in all aspects of the factory;
- Have an eye for detail to ensure accuracy and precision;
- Possess a good level of numeracy skills;
- Ability to work flexibly & willing to do overtime when available;
- Ability to carry out manual handling activities, including lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving heavy loads up to 29kg;
- Hands on/can do attitude;
7.30am – 4pm (Monday – Thursday), 6am – 2pm (Fridays)
What do we offer?
At Tricel, we care about you and your progression. As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer:
- Excellent development and growth opportunities
- A supportive and collaborative culture
- A fun and dynamic work environment
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work life balance
- Opportunity to work across countries and cultures
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Tricel, a family-run business, was founded in 1973 by Anne Stack and Con Stack. This year marks the company’s 50th year in business. The company began by producing products from glass-reinforced plastics (GRP). It expanded its exports and established manufacturing facilities throughout the UK and Europe by implementing a comprehensive growth strategy in the 1990s and 2000s. The Stack family leads Tricel, which provides market-leading solutions in over 50 countries. Among the markets served by the company are storage tanks, pumps, sewage treatment tanks, construction products, and lubricant distribution. With its headquarters in Killarney, the Tricel Group consists of 15 companies across Europe, including seven manufacturing facilities. The company employs more than 600 people at these locations. The company has grown domestically and internationally by manufacturing locally, exporting, partnering with local distributors, and acquiring companies that enhance its product capabilities and geographical reach. In the next five years, the company’s roadmap for growth will continue to be based on three main pillars: Customer Excellence, Innovation & Sustainability.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV and cover letter to HR@tricel.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you.
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.
Tricel uses a third party provider called Occupop to store and process candidate data on our behalf.