Position: Quality Manager
Type of contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Gloucester, United Kingdom
Located at our manufacturing facility in Gloucester this role will be working closely with the operations team to discuss solutions to quality issues and implement robust processes towards continuous improvement and overall company growth. They will act as a ‘Quality Standards Ambassador’ and always challenge convention on what is currently being done and how we can optimise improvement.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in developing their H&S skills, as the role in time will evolve to include maintenance of H&S systems & H&S reporting.
- Working with the Head of Quality on the strategic development of the Quality function and QMS to provide a framework to underpin Quality Assurance with appropriate governance and management structures and responsibilities.
- Manage onsite Quality Assurance professionals.
- Implement, develop and sustain the Quality Management System (QMS) in line with the required industry standards, certification and business requirements.
- Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes throughout the business.
- Manage quality-based certification requirements. Act as a main point of contact and liaise directly with external bodies on all matters relating to registration; while maintaining and improving them, in line with business needs.
- Manage the site audit schedule. Ensure that all nonconformities raised via internal/external audits are rectified, verified and control measures put in place.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Quality Management System.
- Provide front line quality support to ensure all manufacturing process, materials and products are supported from a quality and compliance perspective.
- Management of the site’s non-conformance and complaints processes working with the site team to investigate root cause and implement corrective and preventative actions to build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Review products, processes and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made.
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate, for example by business need / through lessons learned / directive and standards.
- Monitor and report quality outputs identifying trending behaviours, training needs and delivering feedback to teams.
- Work closely with production teams on improvement activities to reduce variability to improve customer experience.
- Responsible for reporting on Key Quality Metrics & Preparing quality reports to present at management meetings.
- Perform regular quality and compliance monitoring: GMP audits and follow up on findings to ensure satisfactory closure.
- Completion of systems audits to agreed schedules.
- Support all QA related documentation activities (writing of quality procedures in conjunction with operations teams, maintenance and review of the quality manual, Certificates of Analysis, Raw material specifications etc.).
- Work with purchasing and warehouse teams to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Training site personnel in Quality and conformance related issues or equipment.
- Support external audits, internal audits and any relevant Quality/Regulatory compliance related activities as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for external sample preparation & sample submission & maintaining records of tests undertaken for report and auditing purposes.
- Any additional responsibilities and duties which may from time to time deemed suitable by your manager.
- Reviewing, updating & maintaining the site H&S systems, supporting with accident investigations, conducting onsite H&S audits & H&S risk assessments
Candidate Experience and Profile
- 3 years + experience in a quality role People Management experience (preferred)
- Experience of conducting gap analysis, risk assessments & implementing controls
- Lead Auditor experience
- In-depth understanding of quality standards
- Excellent working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Experience with ERP systems is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience in leading & driving change
- Ability to make considered decisions and to communicate them effectively;
- Analytical and problem-solving ability;
- The ability to lead and motivate production operatives to focus on product quality and customer satisfaction to grow a quality culture that is embedded in every process;
- Confident in challenging the status quo
- A “self-starter” in terms of time and task management and operate with minimal supervision.
- A high level of accuracy/attention to detail along with good organisational skills are key attributes for the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement across the plant is essential.
- Experience in auditing QMS is essential.
All Company and site personnel, including; Site MDs, Management team, HR, Employees, Contractors & Group functions. Internal/external auditors and regulatory bodies.
What do we offer?
At Tricel, we care about you and your progression. As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer:
- Excellent development and growth opportunities
- A supportive and collaborative culture
- A fun and dynamic work environment
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work life balance
- Opportunity to work across countries and cultures
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Tricel, a family-run business, was founded in 1973 by Anne Stack and Con Stack. This year marks the company’s 50th year in business. The company began by producing products from glass-reinforced plastics (GRP). It expanded its exports and established manufacturing facilities throughout the UK and Europe by implementing a comprehensive growth strategy in the 1990s and 2000s. The Stack family leads Tricel, which provides market-leading solutions in over 50 countries. Among the markets served by the company are storage tanks, pumps, sewage treatment tanks, construction products, and lubricant distribution. With its headquarters in Killarney, the Tricel Group consists of 15 companies across Europe, including seven manufacturing facilities. The company employs more than 600 people at these locations. The company has grown domestically and internationally by manufacturing locally, exporting, partnering with local distributors, and acquiring companies that enhance its product capabilities and geographical reach. In the next five years, the company’s roadmap for growth will continue to be based on three main pillars: Customer Excellence, Innovation & Sustainability.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV and cover letter to HR@tricel.co.uk We look forward to hearing from you.
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.