Position: Installation Engineer
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Croydon, UK
About the company
Dewey Waters is an established manufacturer of Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) products with over 60 years’ experience and industry knowledge. The company is a market leading supplier of GRP water storage tanks, housing and biofilters in the UK. Acquired by Tricel in 1999, the subsidiary has since operated to supply a comprehensive range of industry-leading products to some of the most significant projects both domestically and internationally. With an established reputation for being one of the largest exporters of GRP water storage tanks from the United Kingdom, Dewey Waters supply a range of industry leading customers throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Tricel is a global provider of high-performance solutions for the Water, Environmental, Construction and Materials industries. Details of group activities can be viewed at www.tricel.eu and details of Dewey Waters can be found at www.deweywaters.co.uk
The role of the Installation Engineer is to complete the assembly and construction of modular GRP sectional water storage tanks and other GRP products on sites throughout the UK adhering to company polices and health and safety requirements.
- Taking direction from the supervisor on the tasks in hand
- Co-ordination of water tank construction including marking out connection points and fittings as per works drawings
- Ensure all component parts are fitted correctly as detailed on works drawings
- Ensure all personnel adhere to Health & Safety procedures as out lined at site induction
- Ensure all PPE is worn while carrying out construction duties
- Liaise with customers on site in a proactive manner
- Setting out of tank position
- Communicating any site issues back to office
- Arrange movement of parts to point of installation
- Checking base levels with Theodolite and or laser
- Carrying out pre-site visit survey checks to identify any foreseeable problems
- Up keep & maintenance of company vehicle
- Interaction and participation with lean/continuous improvement teams
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
Skills & Characteristics
- Experience of onsite works
- Background within plumbing / facilities maintenance
- Previous experience in a supervisory position.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- CSCS Card and Driving licence
- Team player,
- Good timekeeping
- ‘can-do’ attitude
Hours & Holiday
- Monday – Friday 07:30 – 16:00
- 40 hour contract
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. We are an equal opportunities employer.