Position: General Operative
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
About the company
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. We are continually expanding our operations in Lanark and Croydon, attracting a diverse range of skill sets in our employees. The company has over 50 years’ experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
The purpose of the General Operative is to produce GRP Products.
- Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance;
- Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture;
- Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork;
- Using spray machines to apply gelcoat & fiberglass to moulds;
- Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup;
- Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish;
- Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings;
- Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured;
- Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items;
- Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults;
- Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests;
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance;
- Locating and packaging goods for collection;
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines;
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
Skills & Characteristics
- Good timekeeping
- Excellent attention to detail
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Salary competitive
- Working hours: Monday-Friday
- On-site parking
- Employee Assistant Programme provided.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.