Position: Engineer Assistant
Reporting to: Dartford Office Manager
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Closing Date: Friday 3rd September 2021
About the company
Action Pumps traces its roots back to the formation of Action Pumping Services Ltd in 1983. Our manufacturing division was formed in 1987, under the trading name of Cumulus Pump Sets, to develop packaged pump set business opportunities.
We are now a nationwide, specialist provider of professional and tailored solutions that meet and look after all pumping requirements – from supplying and/or installing a complete range of pumps and pumping systems, to offering a variety of service and maintenance packages plus spare parts and accessories.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineer Assistant position based at our Waterlooville office.
Role and Responsibilities
- To attend site with allocated engineer to assist with onsite repairs, servicing and any other works decided by Service Manager.
- To carry out works at either Dartford or Waterlooville offices as decided by Service manager which will include internal overhauls and upkeep of workshop.
- Filling details on to the Service System
- Handle engineer tools
- Cleaning parts as required
- Off-loading and loading parts on to the vans
- Any other duties as required to support the business.
Skills & Characteristics
- Understanding of mechanical plant and communication skills
- A “can do” attitude and “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication skills
- You will be expected to organise travel to and from site, either with the attending engineer or public transport.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.